Kyn is a single-player role playing (RPG) strategy game developed by Tangrin Entertainment and published by Versus Evil. It was released on 28 July 2015 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. In a world where Viking mythology collides with magic, Kyn combines party based combat with exploration and progression.
In the world of Kyn, magic is a widely feared power that has lead to many tragedies in the past. Only the brightest and most skilled warriors are allowed to use it.
Rumors of terrible abuse of magic are becoming more frequent. And there are signs that the peace in your realm will not last much longer.
- Team-based combat: In Kyn you control a group of highly skilled warriors on a varied battlefield. You are completely free in how you develop your team. Equip your warriors with the best items and optimize their skills for your play-style and the mission at hand.
- Skill Synergy: Kyn's skill system is designed as a team-based system. Skills have a big influence on each other, and by equipping your team with the right skills incredibly powerful combinations can be achieved.
- Mind, Body, Control: Kyn gives you full control of the qualities of your warriors. Want a high speed team of axe warriors, or a slow, methodical team with high defense capabilities? It is all possible.
- Explore: The world of Kyn is not just a linear battlefield. The world of Kyn is filled with stories, puzzles and challenges. Interact with the locals and solve mysteries in the world of Kyn!
- Loot, Crafting & Recipes: Every weapon and armor in Kyn can either by found on the battlefield, bought from NPCs, or crafted with a schematic and the right materials. The schema system is incredibly diverse, schematics can either be obtained from different sources, or discovered by the player in a completely new crafting system.
- Interesting monsters: In Kyn, monsters don't just get stronger, or take longer to kill. Instead monsters gain more challenging abilities and show more complex intelligence that will challenge your tactical insight as you progress.